Derailment
Well I usually don’t mention anything in my Blog when I have a bad day, but this time I completely and utterly fell of the wagon and down a huge canyon. Last night I had the shits with something, don’t know what but I then consumed about 20 points more than I should have. I knew what I was doing but just couldn’t seem to stop myself, then I got the shits with myself and went to bed cranky and crying. Hubby got home none the wiser of my little derailment and I was asleep.
I then woke up this morning stood on the scales and it appeared that I have put on about 5kgs. So I burst into tears and had a shit attack that I couldn’t do it anymore, I know I was being silly and that I can do it, but it took my lovely wonderful hubby to sit me down and make me reason with myself.
He came up with a really great way of making me see how far I have come versus how far I have left to go.
If you don’t already know I have lost 23.6kg to date and have 13.1kg to go so I am 2/3 of the way down my journey.
Dave said its like I am driving from Melbourne to Sydney and I have made it to Canberra and I have temporarily got lost on one of there may roundabouts and cant quite find the direction to Sydney.
This is fairly true, the last few months I have a good few days, do some exercise and then half fall of the wagon. Then I get back on and then fall again. Sure enough I am still losing weight and yes I know the little losses make a big loss. I just wish it would all disappear, I know we all would.
So I was going to skip my Weigh in tonight but after encouragement from dave I am going to go and if it is a gain then I know its not the end of the world its not 23.6kg back on.
Thanks for listening and I will still be following my new challenge – read post Sunday 2nd April 2006 (sorry don’t know how to link it)
Well I will post my weigh in tonight regardless if its good or bad
Fiona


6 Comments:
Oh Fiona *hugs* David is right. You have come so far and it is only natural that at this stage you are less strict on yourself, less motivated, more likely to indulge because you have lost so much weight already (and a great big Whooo Hoooo for that) and you look fantastic. You are more comfortable in your skin. You are wearing smaller clothes. You are comfortable. I think this stage hits us all.
But you have such a great plan, and just sticking to it the day after a blowout will still see the weight come off. It will not undo all the great work you have done. OK maybe a bit more movement will need to be done this week, but it is not all that bad.
Hope weigh in was OK.
You can do this Fiona. You can do this. xx
How funny I was leaving you a comment as you left me one :D
I hope that you are feeling better soon and that you get yourself back on track!
M said exactly the right thing.
We all have bad moments, the important thing is to pick yourself back up and keep your eye on the finish line. You're doing so well, and your challenge will definately help with the last stretch of your journey.
M always has a knack of saying the right thing! It hit the nail on the head for me too :-)
Thanks for your recent comments on my blog...it is a small relief to know that someone else has the same sort of feelings and that I'm not a freak...LOL
Hope this week is a brilliant one for you!
Fiona you are to be commended for your success to date. You have a very supportive spouse that gave you a great anology. The ladies here have also given you great support too. I just went through a rough patch as well. I just picked right back up and things fell right back into place. I would imagine the same will happen for you. You are doing great! Slim Sue had a simiar post about this. Check her blog out when you get a chance. I am sure you will find solice in knowing we all go through it. The important part is that you pick your self up and keep moving forward. You are doing great!
Post a Comment
<< Home