Monday, November 21, 2005

MR BUCKET HEAD

The weekend was a good one, I spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning up the usually weekend chores. Saturday I took the dogs for a walk for about 45mins and then spent most of the day up and down a ladder putting chicken wire on the top of the chook cage to try and stop the bloody galahs getting in and eating the chook grain. So after that I have a sore neck for reaching up above my head and clipping wire together.
I tried a new recipe which I got from a weight watchers book, it was a simple one but something I haven’t made before – chicken pasta salad. It was very yummy and only about 5-6 points depending on the salad dressing used (I don’t like dressing so it didn’t have it).
I am going to plan to try a different recipe each week. Dave and I are getting sick of the normal meals we have been using.
My vegie garden is on steroids (I swear I didn’t feed them any) it is growing so big. We picked or first Zucchini yesterday and we are going to eat it tonight, cooking my mums yummy zucchini bake. But I will have to make it with low fat cheese instead of fat cheese, I haven’t worked out the points yet but I think per serve about 6 or so, I will work it out tonight and if anyone wants the recipe I will post it next time.
Now your probably wondering why my title is my bucket head. I also on Sunday built a scare crow to try and scare the galahs away, but he isn’t doing a very good job, they are still hanging around. We called him mr bucket head cos he has a bucket for a head with a liquid paper face. Its so cute, I got daves old jeans and top and stuffed it with straw and tied him up.
Last week I finished on 158 points out of 154 points so 4 points over but I had 10 bonus points so I was in front by about 6 bonus points for the week.
Anyways better do some work

Fiona

6 Comments:

At 11:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the bucket head!! Did you take my photo for inspiration!! Hehehe!!

You have done really well this week and so the scales should show a nice loss. I love trying new recipe's. I get bored very easily with the same food all the time. This week's meals consist entirely of new recipe's. Monday to Friday of exciting new stuff to try. If I like them I type them out and keep them on the computer for future reference so I don't have to think "now which book was that one in again??".

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

You have given me a great idea for the kids - we will try and built a scarecrow - We do't have problems with birds - but the kids will love making it!!

You husband is looking into the right profession - Jack is offered job after job - there are soo many jobs for agronomists - there are a few pitfalls with the job, but not many. Jack is a farmer at heart - so he gets along well with all of his clients... good luck!

 
At 8:19 am, Blogger Leighanne said...

..lol...at Mr bucket head!! You will have to post a photo!
Zucchini bake sounds yum! I have been making zucchini slice alot in the last few weeks and the whole family love it - hubby has not even realised it is low fat!

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger missy vas said...

thanks for your post! I am feeling a little better, but I'm still a bit frustrated!

I would love to hear how you make your zucchini slice - I love zucchini's - I was thinking of having a zucchini frittata for tea tonight (the reciepe was in the SMH today)!

Hope you have a great week - enjoy the vege patch!
vx

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger Margaret said...

I think I am in love with Mr Bucket Head LOL.

Great going with the chook run. And double great going for starting to try new recipes. That's the way to keep the excitement and motivation going.

Hope you have another great week. :D

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Jules said...

Love all the tickers and the blue background. Blog looking great.

Thanks for your lovely comments the other day. Really need this online support to keep going. Thanks again. Have a lovely weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home